Head here to read more about a “day in the life” of a CCA!
We asked current CCAs, and here’s what they believe are the biggest benefits of serving as a CCA:
- LOTS of time with students!
- Experience supporting the college application/FAFSA process
- Access to school counselors
- Ability to support teachers in the classroom
- Get firsthand experience in how a school works, and access to all of the people inside
- Get connected to other AmeriCorps volunteers and partner organizations
- Professional development catered to what YOUR cohort needs
- The Promise Corps culture
- It’s rewarding to work directly with students and being able to see the result
- Lots of opportunities to support students with resume writing and interview preparation
- Tutoring experience
- The chance to improve presentation, communication, and event planning skills
- Lots of room to build on your specialized skills (one CCA helped build the school website!)